There’s been so much good K-Hip Hop and K-R&B music being put out lately, and I’ve also made some good “old” song discoveries too. I was wondering if I should write an article about some of these “new” songs that I’m in love with. I wasn’t going to write it until I came across my mutual on twitter who just discovered Jay Park. When she admitted to not knowing him, I was astounded that she’d been into k-pop this long and hadn’t crossed over into other genres!
I decided to ask if she wanted some recommendations for what to look for in k-r&b and k-hip hop. She decided to message me to get her education on all things k-r&b and k-hip hop that I knew. It was honestly so fun giving recommendations and hearing her reactions that I decided to write this article. And so, without any further ado, here are my top 10 “new to me” tracks:
These aren’t in any particular order!
- ‘L.I.E’ by Penomeco
- Let’s Get It by Woodie Gochild ft. Jay Park and Dok2
- Handle You by Junny
4. Show Me Love by Changmo ft. Sik-K
5. Cheese & Wine by DPR Live
6. Penthouse by Ph-1 ft. Sik-K
7. Dancing in the Rain by Rad Museum
8. Where U At by KillaGramz ft. DEAN and Zico
9. VVIP by Jo Woo Chan ft. Sik-K
10. OGZ by Jo Woo Chan, Park Hyun Jin and Achillo